Student Living

Student Living

Living On Campus

Click here for Winter Break Information!!Campus life at UC

Living on campus can be one of the best experiences of a college student's life. The focus of our student living program is to complement one's formal classroom education by offering students the "total college experience" for personal growth and development.

There are several advantages to living on the UC campus:
  • First of all, the new people you meet at orientation and throughout the year could be living right around the corner, right down the hall, or even in the same room.
  • You also get the opportunity to live on your own perhaps for the first time.
  • Perhaps most importantly, UC provides you with the chance to improve yourself intellectually, socially, and culturally through the experience of living with individuals from many different backgrounds. The friendships you make can often last a lifetime.

Housing Requirement

All students are required to live in college residence halls for their first two years unless residing at home with their parents or legal guardian who live with a 30 mile radius, they are a transfer student who has lived on campus for two years at another institution, or they will be 21 by August of the year they enroll. For more information on off-campus living, please click here

Triple Club

Due to popularity of Utica College, First Year Students do have the possibility to be placed in our Triple Club.  Students that are placed in triple rooms are already part of the the Triple Club. 

Residential quad at UC

Safety & Security

Upon moving into your residence hall, you will receive a key giving you access to the building and your individual room. For your safety, the halls are locked 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Every night, there is a Resident Assistant on duty from 8pm-7am for each residential area. Additionally, Campus Safety officers continuously patrol the campus, and an officer is posted inside each first-year building from 11pm-6:45am each day. 

Protect Your Stuff

If your parents' homeowners insurance doesn't cover your laptop, phone, or other personal belongings that you bring with you to UC, you might want to consider a Personal Property insurance policy. For as little as $65 a year, you can get enough coverage to protect your stuff. Learn more by visiting our insurance carrier site:

Personal Property Insurance

Where To Get Help

No matter what type of questions or concerns you may have, you can always find someone who can answer them for you. A resident assistant (RA) is located on each floor, is easily approachable, and has received extensive training to help students work through problems they may have. Also available to answer questions are the area coordinators (AC) of each residence hall, or you can contact the Office of Student Living and College Engagement, which is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m in Strebel 205/206.

Get Involved

After you get settled in, you may want to become involved with the Residence Hall Association (RHA). RHA is the governance body for residential students. RHA is student run and is in charge of planning campus wide events, listening and addressing student concerns that may arise in the residence halls.

Have A Great TimeStudents roast marshmallows outside of North Hall

Ask yourself this question. What could be better than living in a safe, comfortable environment, with good friends and close to everything you need? Nothing is better. So get together your sheets and pillows and be prepared for an unforgettable experience. Oh, and by the way - don't forget to pack your alarm clock!

Contact Us

Marissa Finch

Marissa Finch

Assistant Director for Student Living
Student Living and College Engagement
205 Strebel Student Center
(315) 792-3285
(315) 792-3126 (fax)

I would like to see logins and resources for:

For a general list of frequently used logins, you can also visit our logins page.